Skip to main content

Projected Scores and Winning % for Round of 32 games on Sunday, March 21

Projections for NCAA Tournament Games on Sunday 3/21/2021 


Sd School Scr Win%
8 Loyola Chicago 64 20.3%
1 Illinois 72 79.7%
       
9 Wisconsin 68 31.4%
1 Baylor 74 68.6%
       
11 Syracuse 74 40.0%
3 West Virginia 77 60.0%
       
6 Texas Tech 72 49.2%
3 Arkansas 73 50.8%
       
10 Rutgers 63 20.1%
2 Houston 71 79.9%
       
15 Oral Roberts 70 10.3%
7 Florida 85 89.7%
       
13 North Texas 63 20.6%
5 Villanova 71 79.4%
       
12 Oregon St. 70 34.4%
4 Oklahoma St. 74 65.6%

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Immigrant Effect

So far I've stuck to basketball with my posts, but this blog is not going to just stick to sports. Donald Trump won the US Presidency in 2016 largely based on claims and arguments he made about immigration. In his candidacy announcement speech , Trump said: "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. ... "It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast." During his Republican National Convention speech , he said: "Nearly 180,000 illegal immig...

College Basketball Player Value - An Introduction

Earlier this week I revealed my final 2018 NCAA D1 men's college basketball TEAM rankings.  Today I'm presenting you the final 2018 NCAA D1 men's college basketball PLAYER rankings. The full 2018 Player Rankings can be found here . Below is an excerpt of a few of the ratings for the Top 10 players ranked by Total Q Value for the 2017-18 season. Player School PP100 OV PA100 DV QVal QV100 Trae Young Oklahoma 30.54 1092.07 11.22 341.86 750.21 19.32 Jevon Carter West Virginia 24.22 920.68 5.40 175.05 745.63 18.82 DeAndre Ayton Arizona 28.52 947.38 9.57 270.80 676.58 18.95 Jalen Brunson Villanova 28.78 1060.38 12.42 389.88 670.49 16.36 Marvin Bagley III Duke 28.20 919.86 9.22 256.18 663.68 18.98 Jock Landale Saint Mary's 32.43 1020.61 13.46 360.89 659.71 18.97 Mikal Bridges Villanova 23.86 888.50 7.83 248.50 640.00 16.03 Devonte' Graham Kansas 23.17 991.40 10.45 380.97 610.43 12.72 Gary Clark Cincinnati 24.65 690.71 4.68 111.64 579.07 19.97 Wendell Cart...

Welcome To The Q Rating

The Q Rating is a data analysis blog.  Let me explain what I mean by that, and what I hope this can become. I love analyzing data. I seriously play with spreadsheets for fun.  I enjoy developing ranking models. Some of my primary interests include sports, films, music, and politics. (I am also a fan of the Oxford comma).  We live in a post-fact world full of truthiness, hot takes, and bubbles.  This has permeated not only our political discussions, but just about everything else too.  I'd like to do my part to find measurements rooted in hard data that form a backdrop for conversation. We also live in a world full of pseudo-experts who like to hide behind jargon and pretension.  I hope to keep things interesting and clear. Initially I plan to post largely about basketball.  Like most University of Kansas graduates, I am a huge college basketball fan (Rock Chalk). A large part of my love for analytics was developed reading and following p...