Skip to main content

College Basketball Ranking and Predictions 2/6/2019

QR Rankings and Predictions for February 6, 2019

Full Rankings, Conference Info, and Predictions can be found here.

Top 25 Rankings:
RnkSchoolQR
1Duke29.5
2Gonzaga29.0
3Virginia28.7
4Michigan St.24.1
5Virginia Tech23.3
6Kentucky22.9
7North Carolina22.6
8Tennessee22.2
9Michigan22.1
10Purdue21.0
11Louisville20.3
12Wisconsin20.1
13Auburn19.9
14Iowa St.19.7
15Texas Tech19.2
16Kansas18.2
17Nebraska18.0
18Nevada17.5
19Houston17.2
20Marquette16.7
21Villanova16.3
22Maryland16.2
23Florida St.16.1
24Cincinnati15.8
25LSU15.7

Predictions for February 6, 2019:
DateSchool-1S1School-2S2School-1 W%School-2 W%
2/6/2019LSU79Mississippi St.8238.7%61.3%
2/6/2019Maryland65Nebraska7026.8%73.2%
2/6/2019Baylor65Texas6737.1%62.9%
2/6/2019Wisconsin70Minnesota6475.0%25.0%
2/6/2019Clemson63Georgia Tech6257.8%42.2%
2/6/2019Creighton76Villanova8323.3%76.7%
2/6/2019Connecticut74Temple7737.9%62.1%
2/6/2019Notre Dame70Miami FL7430.8%69.2%
2/6/2019Georgetown77Providence8134.6%65.4%
2/6/2019Colorado74UCLA7931.2%68.8%
2/6/2019Georgia St.78Louisiana Monroe7945.7%54.3%
2/6/2019Georgia Southern94Louisiana9063.6%36.4%
2/6/2019Utah75USC8126.0%74.0%
2/6/2019Rhode Island63Davidson6825.4%74.6%
2/6/2019Georgia72Alabama8217.2%82.8%
2/6/2019Oklahoma St.65TCU7513.0%87.0%
2/6/2019George Mason70Richmond6670.3%29.7%
2/6/2019St. Bonaventure68Duquesne6942.7%57.3%
2/6/2019Nevada85Colorado St.7191.3%8.7%
2/6/2019Southern Illinois64Missouri St.6926.1%73.9%
2/6/2019Abilene Christian72Lamar7343.8%56.2%
2/6/2019UNLV69Boise St.7431.2%68.8%
2/6/2019Evansville70Indiana St.7142.7%57.3%
2/6/2019Lipscomb90North Florida7886.3%13.7%
2/6/2019Texas A&M70Mississippi8114.0%86.0%
2/6/2019Hartford67UMBC6841.6%58.4%
2/6/2019Wichita St.71East Carolina6673.7%26.3%
2/6/2019North Dakota St.75North Dakota7457.5%42.5%
2/6/2019Bucknell81Loyola MD7571.8%28.2%
2/6/2019Stephen F. Austin77Houston Baptist8328.2%71.8%
2/6/2019Cal St. Fullerton66UC Irvine7320.0%80.0%
2/6/2019Bradley59Northern Iowa6425.8%74.2%
2/6/2019American69Navy6474.9%25.1%
2/6/2019Army67Holy Cross7036.2%63.8%
2/6/2019VCU69George Washington5890.7%9.3%
2/6/2019Fordham64Massachusetts7021.3%78.7%
2/6/2019New Orleans70Northwestern St.6764.8%35.2%
2/6/2019Southeastern Louisiana60Texas A&M Corpus Chris6526.4%73.6%
2/6/2019North Alabama69Florida Gulf Coast7619.9%80.1%
2/6/2019Lafayette71Boston University8017.9%82.1%
2/6/2019Cal St. Northridge70UC Santa Barbara847.8%92.2%
2/6/2019Wyoming63Air Force7213.5%86.5%
2/6/2019Stony Brook71Binghamton6088.8%11.2%
2/6/2019McNeese St.64Sam Houston St.777.8%92.2%
2/6/2019Kennesaw St.65Jacksonville806.5%93.5%
2/6/2019California61Oregon812.7%97.3%
2/6/2019New Hampshire64UMass Lowell805.0%95.0%
2/6/2019Maine54Vermont761.1%98.9%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Immigrant Effect

So far I've stuck to basketball with my posts, but this blog is not going to just stick to sports. Donald Trump won the US Presidency in 2016 largely based on claims and arguments he made about immigration. In his candidacy announcement speech , Trump said: "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. ... "It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast." During his Republican National Convention speech , he said: "Nearly 180,000 illegal immig...

College Basketball Player Value - An Introduction

Earlier this week I revealed my final 2018 NCAA D1 men's college basketball TEAM rankings.  Today I'm presenting you the final 2018 NCAA D1 men's college basketball PLAYER rankings. The full 2018 Player Rankings can be found here . Below is an excerpt of a few of the ratings for the Top 10 players ranked by Total Q Value for the 2017-18 season. Player School PP100 OV PA100 DV QVal QV100 Trae Young Oklahoma 30.54 1092.07 11.22 341.86 750.21 19.32 Jevon Carter West Virginia 24.22 920.68 5.40 175.05 745.63 18.82 DeAndre Ayton Arizona 28.52 947.38 9.57 270.80 676.58 18.95 Jalen Brunson Villanova 28.78 1060.38 12.42 389.88 670.49 16.36 Marvin Bagley III Duke 28.20 919.86 9.22 256.18 663.68 18.98 Jock Landale Saint Mary's 32.43 1020.61 13.46 360.89 659.71 18.97 Mikal Bridges Villanova 23.86 888.50 7.83 248.50 640.00 16.03 Devonte' Graham Kansas 23.17 991.40 10.45 380.97 610.43 12.72 Gary Clark Cincinnati 24.65 690.71 4.68 111.64 579.07 19.97 Wendell Cart...

Welcome To The Q Rating

The Q Rating is a data analysis blog.  Let me explain what I mean by that, and what I hope this can become. I love analyzing data. I seriously play with spreadsheets for fun.  I enjoy developing ranking models. Some of my primary interests include sports, films, music, and politics. (I am also a fan of the Oxford comma).  We live in a post-fact world full of truthiness, hot takes, and bubbles.  This has permeated not only our political discussions, but just about everything else too.  I'd like to do my part to find measurements rooted in hard data that form a backdrop for conversation. We also live in a world full of pseudo-experts who like to hide behind jargon and pretension.  I hope to keep things interesting and clear. Initially I plan to post largely about basketball.  Like most University of Kansas graduates, I am a huge college basketball fan (Rock Chalk). A large part of my love for analytics was developed reading and following p...