The Q Rating is a data analysis blog. Let me explain what I mean by that, and what I hope this can become.
I love analyzing data. I seriously play with spreadsheets for fun. I enjoy developing ranking models. Some of my primary interests include sports, films, music, and politics. (I am also a fan of the Oxford comma).
We live in a post-fact world full of truthiness, hot takes, and bubbles. This has permeated not only our political discussions, but just about everything else too. I'd like to do my part to find measurements rooted in hard data that form a backdrop for conversation.
We also live in a world full of pseudo-experts who like to hide behind jargon and pretension. I hope to keep things interesting and clear.
Initially I plan to post largely about basketball. Like most University of Kansas graduates, I am a huge college basketball fan (Rock Chalk). A large part of my love for analytics was developed reading and following people like Ken Pomeroy (kenpom.com) and Jeff Sagarin (http://sagarin.com/sports/sports.html). I have spent a great deal of time developing college basketball team and player models, and I plan on sharing them with you.
Eventually I plan on posting on a wide variety of topics that reflect my interests. You will be able to come here for items like NBA Player Values, Oscars predictions, film box office data, music pop chart analysis, and a smattering of political and economics posts that intersect with data. If you enjoy visiting FiveThirtyEight, you might find this blog interesting, too.
I hope you enjoy the content. Feel free to send any comments to theqrating@gmail.com.
I love analyzing data. I seriously play with spreadsheets for fun. I enjoy developing ranking models. Some of my primary interests include sports, films, music, and politics. (I am also a fan of the Oxford comma).
We live in a post-fact world full of truthiness, hot takes, and bubbles. This has permeated not only our political discussions, but just about everything else too. I'd like to do my part to find measurements rooted in hard data that form a backdrop for conversation.
We also live in a world full of pseudo-experts who like to hide behind jargon and pretension. I hope to keep things interesting and clear.
Initially I plan to post largely about basketball. Like most University of Kansas graduates, I am a huge college basketball fan (Rock Chalk). A large part of my love for analytics was developed reading and following people like Ken Pomeroy (kenpom.com) and Jeff Sagarin (http://sagarin.com/sports/sports.html). I have spent a great deal of time developing college basketball team and player models, and I plan on sharing them with you.
Eventually I plan on posting on a wide variety of topics that reflect my interests. You will be able to come here for items like NBA Player Values, Oscars predictions, film box office data, music pop chart analysis, and a smattering of political and economics posts that intersect with data. If you enjoy visiting FiveThirtyEight, you might find this blog interesting, too.
I hope you enjoy the content. Feel free to send any comments to theqrating@gmail.com.
Comments
Post a Comment
Practice Respect!